You’re Here: Home » Home Insulation  »  Saving Money  »  Energy Tax Credit

Higher Energy Bills Are Here

Johns Manville has launched this website as part of a continued effort to help you understand the role insulation can play in making your home more energy efficient.

The site contains information about JM insulation and helpful tips for homeowners on how insulation can reduce energy bills by up to 30%. The website also provides consumers with links to leading organizations focused on insulation, energy efficiency and conservation.

Energy Bill Tax Credits

The US Treasury Department, the Department of Energy and Energy Star® have developed guidelines regarding the energy efficiency tax credits for existing homes for tax years 2006 and 2007 under the Energy Policy Act of 2005.

Johns Manville has compiled the information * that will help you as a homeowner save energy and money too! Please continue to check back as this information and supplemental documentation may continue to be updated.

For existing homes, what this means to you:

*Information from the US Dept of Energy website

3 Easy Steps to Redeem Your Energy Tax Credit

  1. Buy JM Formaldehyde-free™ insulation at your local home center. Visit our store locator for the one nearest you.
  2. Download our Manufacturer Certificate, fill it out and keep it and your proof of purchase in your income tax records.
  3. Use the government provided forms to claim the purchase when you file your income taxes at the beginning of the year.

Resources and Supporting Documentation

Download JM Manufacturer's Certificate

NOTE: Follow the 3 steps below to redeem your tax credit.

Copyright ©2016, Johns Manville, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Global Sites | | Site Map | News Archives
Industry Resources | Privacy Policy | Legal Notices
Product & Sales Information: (800) 654-3103